15 ways to lasting happiness
- Always speak your mind.
- Show as you feel.
- Carry no baggage or remorse.
- Don’t drag the past into the present.
- Make appreciation your top habit.
- Expect less, accept more.
- Start and end each day on a positive note.
- Stay emotionally detached from people with constant sob stories or people who complain and criticize a lot.
- See a bad experience as a lesson you needed and don’t keep reliving the experience by going over it again and again.
- Make sure your mind isn’t racing all the time. Slow down thinking and enjoy short spells of inner silence.
- Avoid being reactive. Pause, breathe and drink a glass of water, should sudden reactivity overpower you.
- Don’t invest your time, attention and emotions on any kind of negative information.
- Make acts of kindness and compassion a priority.
- Dwell in the lighter side of life…be humourous and funny.
- Sleep well.