5 Ways To Counter Depression
- Don’t resist it, or fight it, supress it or keep thinking about it. The more conscious you remain of being depressed, or the more you try to do things against it, the more you will hold it. Rather than using your mind and resources to beat it, channel your energy towards aligning with some positive information or activity etc.
- Avoid talking about it with anyone other than an expert who can help you heal or someone with a positive approach in everything. Remember, when you talk about it with too many people (especially those you aren’t sure of), you will only empower it. First your own thoughts will reinforce it; then other people’s. Their thoughts around it will mean more negative energy coming in your direction because most often people tend to sympathize or feel sorry for someone’s suffering.
- Depression is often a conflict between the ego and one’s spiritual side. Most often the ego has become so active that one’s spirituality becomes completely dormant. Therefore, an effort to raise one’s spiritual powers must be made. The same can be done by connecting to spiritual knowledge and making it a part of one’s daily routine.
- Change the pattern of your thoughts by reading, listening or talking about something connected to higher wisdom. Try understanding the deeper truth about yourself, the deeper meaning behind your life purpose. Most often, depression results from lack of spiritual depth and understanding in a person. Depression also hints at the need for spiritual growth in a person. So, getting to know the bigger picture can definitely help.
- Charity can work as a major help. Especially anonymous charity. Because it brings the energy of blessings to the giver. These blessings from someone truly needy can bring enormous positivity into the life of someone who needs positive energy to come out of depression.
- Spend time in nature or what I’ve seen work as magical cure is adopting a pet dog and giving one’s time and care to the pet.